Wednesday, May 28, 2008

School Year is Almost Over

We normally school off and on during the summer. This way the children do not forget all that they have learned. This year, they are realizing what public schools do, and that they don't get the whole summer off. We school in the morning when nothing is going on anyways, and are flexible with schedule changes. Two days ago I decided that a last day of school was needed for our homeschool. I haven't done a last day of school for a few years, however I felt it was important so that my children could have that feeling of accomplishment. They have worked very hard and deserve the time off. Since we homeschool, I can choose how long this time will be. Fortunately, my children are happy with any time off. It makes them excited. Personally, I love to see the joy in their little faces when I have good news. What they don't understand quite yet, is that the public schools take almost 3 months off. We will be taking 3 weeks off, then resume our schedule granting flexibility to accomodate the summertime. I'd love to hear what you do for the summer. Do you school all the way through also, or do you take all the time off you can?

0 comments: