Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blueberry Picking

Just think about it. The cool breeze blowing off of a pond near by. The evening sun beginning to set. Spending time chatting with some of your closest friends, while picking blueberries with your children laughing not far away. The blueberries were the biggest, juciest, ripest berries of the season. The caretaker suggested going down closer to the pond for the bigger ones. They weren't really any bigger than the ones closest to him, but I took his advise anyways since the area was much prettier than the congestion of the noisy parking lot. My children had a great time too! They had more fun giving their berries to our friends though. I didn't care, just being out picking has a certain sense of peace to it that words just can't describe. It sort of reminds you of all the things in the world that go unappreciated. Produce is readily available in the supermarkets. The general public doesn't have much time to experience harvesting crops, or sowing a garden. It really is sad. They are missing a great thing.

1 comments:

Mrs. Pevensie said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! Please call me again next year as I would LOVE to experience that beautiful scenery and taste the yummy berries!