Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping

We just went to the most beautiful campsite I have ever been to in my life! There were miles of creek for the children to play and hike through. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking! I was having so much fun enjoying the freedoms of nature that I didn't take any pictures. Mmm. Maybe I could describe the experience. When we arrived I almost didn't want to stay at the site that my husband chose because it was the farthest from the out-house. After biting my lip, I looked up. There was a forest covered hill right in front of me, and forest beyond the campsite. This site was by far the most private one for the whole campground. There were only two other campers in the whole campground. I was truly in heaven when we chose to stay here. We had some friends come with us, and that proved to be the most fun of all. My friend and I went for the first nature walk, looking for firewood. We went into the thick forest to find many fallen trees just a few yards away from the camp. This would have been great had the men remembered to bring axes. We had a great time though eating toasted marshmallows, smores, homemade chili, baked potatoes, and some Indonesian food another friend cooked from her experiences on the mission field. The children had alot of fun being free in the forest. I am glad we went, and hope to go again next year.

0 comments: