Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mrs. Hannigan Writes Really Good

Dear Mrs. Hannigan, I love your name, for some reason I want to think of little orphan Annie. Yet, you are nothing like that Mrs. Hannigan. I love your ideas of natural foods. Just this week, I had the crazy idea of getting my juicer out and attempting your vegetable juice. My husband had to humor me and purchase spinach. It was ridiculous. He was at one of those bulk food stores that everyone go’s to. I didn’t get just 1 pound of spinach I tell you. Now, my family is not going to be able to eat all of this before it go’s bad. I feel a little guilty. The vegetable juice was missing the celery that my husband couldn’t find at that bulk food store. I substituted honey instead. Who wouldn’t like honey with vegetables. Besides, my youngest child was helping me make the darn juice, and insisted that I use the honey. Fortunately, the honey was the only good taste to the juice. I will have to get used to drinking that stuff if I want to use up all of the spinach. Luckily, it takes a lot of spinach to make any juice at all from it. I also have a bulk bag of carrots, but having carrot juice by itself isn’t very fun. So, spinach, carrots, garlic, a few grape tomatoes, and honey will be the juice I will try to like for the next few days. Mrs. Hannigan, thank you for the motivation for eating more healthy.

1 comments:

Mrs. Pevensie said...

You might want to start with "beginner juice". Adding an apple to sweeten any juice really helps. So for all of those carrots, juice half a glass of carrots and half of apples. It's easier to start that way if you aren't used to juicing. As for the spinach, invite me over and I'll help you use it. LOL!