Friday, June 27, 2008

Read this Book to Get Your Child to Sleep Through the Night

Going "Baby Wise" with Gary Ezzo takes much discipline. One of my closest friends at the time my first child was born helped me get more involved with "Baby Wise". At the beginning of the book, it clearly states the importance of being flexible within the schedule of a child. It is very easy to put yourself in a box and not deviate from it. This is how babies can be deprived if parents use this technique unwisely. I myself found that it followed an already established routine that the preemie ward at the hospital started with my first born. The only thing that I did differently from the hospital that Gary Ezzo suggests, is to allow the baby to demand feed at night.

All in all, this book really helped me get comfortable in being a first time parent. I needed something that would help me feel like I was doing something right. There wasn’t very many influences in my life at the time that could look over my shoulder and cheer me on. So, fortunately, with this book in hand I took the milestones as accomplishments and kept going forward. The whole point of the book is on how to get your child sleeping at least six hours a night by a month old. It was a success on all of my children. However, on the last one, I relaxed quite a bit, since I already knew how to be a mom, and didn’t need any self-gratification. She still was able to sleep 6-8 hours a night by a month old.

This is really a great technique, if you are looking for a way to get your baby to sleep through the night.

0 comments: